We help organizations based on our practical experience in horizontal organization.
At Bord&Stift we have been organized horizontally since 2018. That means: no managers, but a clear division of responsibilities and tasks.
Structure and clear communication are important here. Because we like to share our structures and office rituals with others, we guide organizations in finding their own fitting structures and practices.
If you ask us; thinking along is one of the nicest things there is. Get to know us by joiningour public introductory workshop on organizing horizontally. Or make a open-ended appointment to explore together whether the path of self-organization suits you.
Getting started with organizing horizontally?
Here's how we can help you:
Introductory workshop organizing horizontallyA clear introduction.
Online on Zoom
From 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
basic principles organizing horizontally
We share our do's and don'ts
Max 12 participants (in order to keep it personal)
Company workshop on organizing horizontallyTailor-made. Because there is no one size fits all.
Three hour workshop
Online on Zoom or in real life
Explore whether organizing horizontally suits your organization
Hulp bij eerste concrete stappen zetten
Extra input and inspiration from our experience
You will get the opportunity to put your new knowledge into practise.
Individual guidance for organizationsIf you want guidance over a longer period of time.
Shorter and longer advisory processes possible
We help you tailor-made
We determine the way together
Supervising team meetings
Annual program with monthly workshopsTake concrete steps with your organization for a year.
For organizations that want to take major steps in self-management
Learning through theory, practical experience and intervision
A specific assignment every month
Max 15 participants in total
12 sessions of 3 hours, during a year
Start and end meeting in real life
Explanation about organizing horizontally
A series of videos with our tips, failures and personal stories about organizing horizontally
In the media
We tell about our experiences with organizing horizontally
Background information on organizing horizontally
- Brave New Work – Aaron Dignan
- Holacracy – Brian J. Robertson
- It doesn’t have to be crazy at work – Jason Fried
- New Work needs Inner Work – Joana Breidenbach Bettina Rollow
- Organiseren als spreeuwen (NL)– Johannes Regelink
- Humanocracy – Gary Hamel
- Getting Teams Done – Diederick Janse, Marco Bogers
- Formula X – Jurriaan Kamer, Rini van Soolingen
- Going Horizontal – Samantha Slade
- Moose Heads on the Table – Lisa Gill en Karen Telenius
- Reinventing Organizations – Frederic Laloux
- NY Times artikel ‘What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team)
- About all articles from Corporate Rebels (especially those about Haier are a lot of fun to read)
- VPRO article (NL) ‘Dit bedrijfsmodel kan een einde maken aan winstmaximalisatie’
- NRC article (NL) ‘Ondernemen kan ook anders’
- Trouw article (NL) ‘De ceo die opschept over zijn vier uur slaap, heeft zijn beste tijd gehad’
- The podcast series of Brave New Work (also very nice to listen to)
- The BBC’s ‘No more bosses‘ podcast (good and honest introduction to the topic of self-direction)